Do you need prefix and suffix review games for reading skill practice to help your students learn quicker and with more FUN? Use this Prefix and Suffix U-Know game to have them practice reading skills while also having fun!! This fun and engaging game will make the skill of identifying the meaning of prefixes and suffixes something students WANT to do! Play separately or mix and match cards from different sets to suit your needs.
Works great for centers, early finishers, or small groups. Students will be begging to practice identifying the meaning of prefixes and suffixes with this activity! I’ve had many students ask to play at recess and even lunch!
★ Get this as part of the Reading Skills MEGA U-Know Bundle!
- U-Know Cards (Color): 56 color cards with prefixes, suffixes, or words using those to define.
- U-Know Cards (Print Friendly): 56 black and white cards with prefixes, suffixes, or words using those to define.
- Direction Sheet: Step-by-step instructions for playing the game
- “Types of Special Cards” sheet: A page explaining how the special cards work. (Draw 2, Skip, Reverse, and Wilds)
- Answer Key: One page with all of the answers for each card listed.
- Accountability Pages: Pages for students to record answers. Available in short answers and longer answers with more space
- Back of Cards Design: Print on the backs of the cards to make them double-sided.
- “Cheat Sheet”: Sheet listing the different prefixes and suffixes used with their meanings for differentiation.
pre-, re-, co-, dis-, im-, sub-, un-, in-, mis-, anti-, extra-, semi-, -able, -ed, -ful, -less, -ly, -ment, -ness, -ous, -s, -es, -ward, -en, -er
- Prefix given and students need to define
- Suffix given and students need to define
- Word given that uses a suffix or prefix and students need to define
U-Know is a fun and engaging card game where students practice topics in a repetitive way. I also use U-Know in stations or with early finishers throughout the year to spiral concepts for students. U-Know comes in MANY topics! So, once students learn the game, it will become a self-run station!
U-Know is played with students matching color/number to the card the previous player put down. Once they put their card down, they must read and answer. If correct, play moves on. If incorrect, the player draws 2 new cards and play moves on. Students check answers with the included answer key.
- Partner Game
- Small Groups
- Stations or Centers
- Early Finishers
- Test Prep or Review
- Teachers who want students to become comfortable with using games in the classroom
- Teachers looking for a fun and engaging game to practice specific skills
- Teachers looking for resources that are standards-aligned
- Teachers who need quality test-prep resources, center activities, practice, or review that is fun and engaging
This item is a paid digital download from Fun in 5th Grade & MORE
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet is strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Please purchase one license for each teacher using these resources. If you would like to contact me about pricing on a license for an ENTIRE school, county, or district, please email me at [email protected]